Though social media has now been widely adopted by B2B companies as part of their marketing mix, many remain disappointed with the results. Social media marketing best practices have evolved rapidly. It’s vital to do what works today, rather than tactics from even a few years ago.
The reasons for disappointment vary, but often include having the wrong social media strategy (or no strategy at all), the wrong person in charge (such as someone too junior in the organization), unrealistic expectations, insufficient (or the wrong kind of) content, and/or inability to accurately measure results.
Done right, however, social media marketing can be a highly valuable component of digital marketing, particularly for brand awareness and customer responsiveness. Among the reasons for optimizing business use of social media are:
- Driving website traffic
- Curating industry-related content
- Building relationships with influencers
- Monitoring and participating in brand conversations
- Showcasing company culture
- Building brand awareness, image, and credibility
- Expanding customer service
- Conducting marketing research
- Gathering market and competitive intelligence
- Promoting company executives as industry thought leaders
Is your company optimizing exposure and engagement on social media? Or do your business social media accounts look like “placeholders” with few followers and little interaction? If the latter—maybe we should talk.
My B2B Social Media Marketing Services
Social network profile optimization
Mix of networks
Monitoring / engagement / updates
Organic and paid posting
Social marketing technology strategy/evaluation
Analytics / reporting