Guest post by Jess Andriani.
Technologies like big data, machine learning, business intelligence, and cognitive computing are made possible or practical by artificial intelligence (AI). One aspect of digital marketing where AI has been most helpful is in email, and businesses are recognizing this significance. By 2020, it is believed that more companies will be using AI for at least one of their sales processes.
AI has made email marketing more efficient in several different ways:
- Automated workflow: Many marketing automation platforms have used or are already using AI to optimize and execute processes.
- Subject and content optimization: With AI, elements in email marketing campaigns like subject lines, copy, and CTAs can be made more persuasive to drive consumer action.
- Predictive personalization: With personalized emails having higher open rates and CTR, you should start understanding your customers better to match their interests to your products and services, and maintain your relevance and engagement.
- Smart segmentation: More effectively categorizing your customer list based on their shared similarities and differences.
- Send time and email frequency optimization: AI, through predictive analytics, enables you to determine your subscribers’ preferred times to check their inboxes—so you can schedule your email sending at the best time.
- Multivariate and A/B testing: With AI, you can create more robust tests, so you can recognize performance variations and make adjustments more quickly and precisely.
- Analytics: AI can also analyze the data generated by the campaign to learn more about your customers, helping you make future campaigns better.
Despite all the help AI can provide for your digital marketing efforts as a whole, human creativity and critical thinking are still essential. Machines cannot make decisions or understand your prospects’ emotional responses—but it can help marketers work efficiently. Learn more about the different ways AI is reshaping email marketing with help from this infographic.
Jess Andriani is a Marketing Specialist at Connext Digital. When she’s not working on her desk or mapping out digital marketing strategies for her clients, she’s sipping jasmine green tea at the pantry.