Marketing automation / demand generation software enables marketers to build microsites and use content marketing to capture leads and nurture them through the buying process. Companies evaluating established providers such as Marketo, Eloqua, Silverpop’s B2B Engage and HubSpot would be well-advised to check out a relatively new contender as well—Genoo Marketing Automation.
The company’s new marketing automation platform enables users to create complete websites as well as microsites and landing pages, automatically send emails triggered by specific actions, configure lead scoring, and integrate with Salesforce.com. Because Genoo is a SaaS offering and includes a flexible and powerful (Genoo’s own website runs on their platform) yet easy-to-use content management system (CMS) that allows non-technical users to create websites and pages, marketing departments can implement and use the product with little or no IT involvement.
- Point-and-click stylesheet editing, enabling users to create a custom look and feel without any knowledge of HTML or CSS;
- Ability to add Flash files anywhere on a page;
- Auto-generated email messages to marketing or sales personnel based on action taken, which can even place the lead’s email address in the “From” field for easy reply;
- Flexible options for Salesforce.com integration, such as the ability to push lead information into specific campaigns;
- Ability to set up an automated sequence of activities based on user actions (e.g. downloading a file, clicking a link in an email) to provide relevant content;
- No limit on the size or number of visits permitted to microsites.
Pricing starts at $199 per month for a single user and microsite, with no limit on the number of leads in the account, plus $8.50 per 1,000 emails sent. Additional marketing users (with full editing privileges) are $49 per month, while sales users (access to leads only, with ability to update information about a lead, synchronize with their Salesforce.com account, view lead interest profile or push leads back to nurturing from within their Salesforce.com account) are $9.95 per month. Large companies can opt to pay a one-time fee of $2,500 for unlimited sales users.
For a truly custom design, the company will convert a layered PhotoShop file into a Genoo template for $500.
With a boatload of advanced features and an affordable price point, Genoo hopes to earn a spot on the shortlist for any marketing automation / lead gen purchase.
Note: this post was originally published on the WebMarketCentral blog in September 2009.