Guest post by Martina Stricak.
Content is, always has been, and will continue to be the basis of any kind of marketing. But content marketing is constantly evolving, and today isn’t what it was back in 2010 when we were deluged with content pollution on the Internet.
Though poorly written filler SEO content is still produced, updates to Google’s search ranking algorithm have rendered it practically useless. Today, we are seeing a shift towards marketing strategies that are much more focused on storytelling and building emotional bonds with the target audience.
Leading content marketing influencers have spoken, and among their expectations for this year are:
- what really matters isn’t just words but creating experiences
- relevance and exclusivity over volume and bloated numbers
- more long-form and high-quality pieces of content
- a transition from creating branded content to building content brands
- more diversity of content formats
All of these tactics should flow from a carefully developed content marketing strategy, and this strategy should be documented.